Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.84 meters/second, 1587.0 km/hour, 986.1 miles/hour or 856.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.5"||985.97 mi||West||0° 09' 13.9"||10.58 mi||North||985.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 51.1"||747.95 mi||East||3° 23' 56.7"||233.67 mi||North||778.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Namakkal||Fri 5:46 PM||36 km||23 miles||20 nm||SW|
|Salem||Fri 5:46 PM||39 km||24 miles||21 nm||NW|
|Yercaud||Fri 5:46 PM||46 km||28 miles||25 nm||NNW|
|Perambalur||Fri 5:46 PM||53 km||33 miles||28 nm||ESE|
|Karur||Fri 5:46 PM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||SW|
|Tiruchirappalli||Fri 5:46 PM||74 km||46 miles||40 nm||SSE|
|Erode||Fri 5:46 PM||78 km||48 miles||42 nm||W|
|Dharmapuri||Fri 5:46 PM||84 km||52 miles||45 nm||NNW|
|Thanjavur||Fri 5:46 PM||105 km||65 miles||57 nm||SE|
|Thiruvannaamalai||Fri 5:46 PM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.