Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.72 meters/second, 1586.6 km/hour, 985.9 miles/hour or 856.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.4"||985.70 mi||West||0° 09' 12.1"||10.54 mi||North||985.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 57.9"||747.88 mi||East||3° 23' 09.6"||232.77 mi||North||778.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kavaratti||Fri 6:16 PM||192 km||120 miles||104 nm||ESE|
|Mangaluru||Fri 6:16 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||ENE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Fri 5:46 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||SSE|
|Kochi||Fri 6:16 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||ESE|
|Hubballi||Fri 6:16 PM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||NE|
|Coimbatore||Fri 6:16 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||E|
|Bengaluru||Fri 6:16 PM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||ENE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 6:16 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||ESE|
|Madurai||Fri 6:16 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||ESE|
|Anantapur||Fri 6:16 PM||781 km||486 miles||422 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.