Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 12:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.68 meters/second, 1586.4 kilometres/hour, 985.8 miles/hour or 856.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.4"||985.61 mi||West||0° 09' 11.4"||10.53 mi||North||985.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 00.1"||747.85 mi||East||3° 22' 53.7"||232.47 mi||North||778.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mangaluru||Fri 6:26 PM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||ENE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Fri 5:56 PM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||SE|
|Mumbai||Fri 6:26 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||NNE|
|Pune||Fri 6:26 PM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 6:26 PM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||ESE|
|Male||Fri 5:56 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||SSE|
|Bengaluru||Fri 6:26 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||E|
|Anantapur||Fri 6:26 PM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||ENE|
|Madurai||Fri 6:26 PM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||E|
|Surat||Fri 6:26 PM||1154 km||717 miles||623 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.