Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.53 meters/second, 1585.9 kilometres/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 30.3"||985.26 mi||West||0° 09' 09.2"||10.49 mi||North||985.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 09.0"||747.76 mi||East||3° 21' 53.7"||231.32 mi||North||778.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Fri 4:34 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||WNW|
|Salalah||Fri 5:34 PM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||NW|
|Muscat||Fri 5:34 PM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||N|
|Abu Dhabi||Fri 5:34 PM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||NNW|
|Dubai||Fri 5:34 PM||1575 km||978 miles||850 nm||NNW|
|Aden||Fri 4:34 PM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||W|
|Mumbai||Fri 7:04 PM||1642 km||1020 miles||887 nm||ENE|
|Karachi||Fri 6:34 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||NNE|
|Sana||Fri 4:34 PM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||WNW|
|Pune||Fri 7:04 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.