Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.78 meters/second, 1583.2 kilometres/hour, 983.8 miles/hour or 854.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.2"||983.59 mi||West||0° 08' 57.9"||10.27 mi||North||983.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 54.9"||747.37 mi||East||3° 17' 01.8"||225.75 mi||North||775.94 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ndjamena||Fri 5:36 PM||39 km||24 miles||21 nm||W|
|Maroua||Fri 5:36 PM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||SW|
|Moussoro||Fri 5:36 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||NE|
|Maiduguri||Fri 5:36 PM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||W|
|Mongo||Fri 5:36 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||E|
|Garoua||Fri 5:36 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SW|
|Moundou||Fri 5:36 PM||395 km||246 miles||214 nm||S|
|Sarh||Fri 5:36 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SE|
|Ngaoundéré||Fri 5:36 PM||564 km||351 miles||305 nm||SSW|
|Jalingo||Fri 5:36 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.