Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 16:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.75 meters/second, 1583.1 kilometres/hour, 983.7 miles/hour or 854.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.2"||983.51 mi||West||0° 08' 57.4"||10.26 mi||North||983.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 57.0"||747.35 mi||East||3° 16' 48.9"||225.51 mi||North||775.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maiduguri||Fri 5:44 PM||46 km||29 miles||25 nm||SW|
|Ndjamena||Fri 5:44 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||E|
|Maroua||Fri 5:44 PM||190 km||118 miles||103 nm||SSE|
|Garoua||Fri 5:44 PM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||S|
|Moussoro||Fri 5:44 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||ENE|
|Jalingo||Fri 5:44 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSW|
|Moundou||Fri 5:44 PM||484 km||300 miles||261 nm||SE|
|Zinder||Fri 5:44 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||WNW|
|Ngaoundéré||Fri 5:44 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||S|
|Kano||Fri 5:44 PM||538 km||335 miles||291 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.