Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.57 meters/second, 1582.5 kilometres/hour, 983.3 miles/hour or 854.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.0"||983.12 mi||West||0° 08' 54.9"||10.21 mi||North||982.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 08.5"||747.27 mi||East||3° 15' 40.6"||224.21 mi||North||775.39 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kandi||Fri 6:26 PM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Fri 6:26 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||NW|
|Sokoto||Fri 6:26 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||ENE|
|Natitingou||Fri 6:26 PM||297 km||184 miles||160 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 5:26 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||W|
|Parakou||Fri 6:26 PM||326 km||202 miles||176 nm||SSW|
|Djougou||Fri 6:26 PM||329 km||205 miles||178 nm||SSW|
|Mango||Fri 5:26 PM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||WSW|
|Kara||Fri 5:26 PM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||SW|
|Dori||Fri 5:26 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.