Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 17:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.54 meters/second, 1582.3 kilometres/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.0"||983.05 mi||West||0° 08' 54.3"||10.20 mi||North||982.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 10.8"||747.26 mi||East||3° 15' 27.6"||223.96 mi||North||775.30 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 5:34 PM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||W|
|Niamey||Fri 6:34 PM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||NNE|
|Kandi||Fri 6:34 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||SE|
|Natitingou||Fri 6:34 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||S|
|Mango||Fri 5:34 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Fri 5:34 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||NW|
|Djougou||Fri 6:34 PM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||S|
|Kara||Fri 5:34 PM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 5:34 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||W|
|Parakou||Fri 6:34 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.