Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.49 meters/second, 1582.2 kilometres/hour, 983.1 miles/hour or 854.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.9"||982.94 mi||West||0° 08' 53.6"||10.19 mi||North||982.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 14.0"||747.24 mi||East||3° 15' 08.1"||223.58 mi||North||775.17 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouagadougou||Fri 5:46 PM||13 km||8 miles||7 nm||NNE|
|Koudougou||Fri 5:46 PM||88 km||55 miles||48 nm||W|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 5:46 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||NNW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 5:46 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||E|
|Dédougou||Fri 5:46 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||W|
|Dori||Fri 5:46 PM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||NE|
|Mango||Fri 5:46 PM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||SE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 5:46 PM||321 km||200 miles||173 nm||WSW|
|Tamale||Fri 5:46 PM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||SSE|
|Natitingou||Fri 6:46 PM||386 km||240 miles||209 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.