Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 17:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.46 meters/second, 1582.0 km/hour, 983.0 miles/hour or 854.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.9"||982.86 mi||West||0° 08' 53.1"||10.18 mi||North||982.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 16.4"||747.22 mi||East||3° 14' 54.9"||223.34 mi||North||775.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dédougou||Fri 5:54 PM||21 km||13 miles||11 nm||N|
|Koudougou||Fri 5:54 PM||122 km||76 miles||66 nm||E|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 5:54 PM||149 km||93 miles||81 nm||SW|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 5:54 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||NE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 5:54 PM||214 km||133 miles||115 nm||E|
|Koutiala||Fri 5:54 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||W|
|Sikasso||Fri 5:54 PM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||WSW|
|Korhogo||Fri 5:54 PM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 5:54 PM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||E|
|Dori||Fri 5:54 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.