Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.32 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 854.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.38 mi||west||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||north||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.5"||982.62 mi||west||0° 08' 50.9"||10.14 mi||north||982.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 25.7"||747.22 mi||east||3° 14' 00.8"||222.32 mi||north||774.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tambacounda||Fri 6:26 PM||281 km||174 miles||152 nm||NW|
|Gabú||Fri 6:26 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||W|
|Kindia||Fri 6:26 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||SSW|
|Boké||Fri 6:26 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||WSW|
|Bafatá||Fri 6:26 PM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||W|
|Bamako||Fri 6:26 PM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||E|
|Makeni||Fri 6:26 PM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||S|
|Conakry||Fri 6:26 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Koidu||Fri 6:26 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||S|
|Bissau||Fri 6:26 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.