Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.78 meters/second, 1579.6 km/hour, 981.5 miles/hour or 852.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.7"||981.34 mi||west||0° 08' 42.8"||9.98 mi||north||981.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 03.7"||746.98 mi||east||3° 10' 29.4"||218.27 mi||north||773.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Fri 5:34 PM||1375 km||855 miles||743 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Fri 5:34 PM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Fri 5:34 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Fri 4:34 PM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 4:34 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Fri 5:34 PM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSE|
|Castries||Fri 4:34 PM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 4:34 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Fri 4:34 PM||2028 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||W|
|Roseau||Fri 4:34 PM||2056 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.