Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 9:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 21:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.49 meters/second, 1578.6 km/hour, 980.9 miles/hour or 852.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.0"||980.69 mi||West||0° 08' 38.5"||9.90 mi||North||980.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 25.1"||746.89 mi||East||3° 08' 34.5"||216.08 mi||North||772.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Fri 5:44 PM||51 km||32 miles||28 nm||NW|
|Vieux Fort||Fri 5:44 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Fri 5:44 PM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||W|
|Castries||Fri 5:44 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Fri 5:44 PM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 5:44 PM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||NW|
|Saint George's||Fri 5:44 PM||288 km||179 miles||155 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 5:44 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||SW|
|Chaguanas||Fri 5:44 PM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Fri 5:44 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.