Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 10:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 22:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.23 meters/second, 1577.6 km/hour, 980.3 miles/hour or 851.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.5"||980.11 mi||West||0° 08' 34.6"||9.83 mi||North||979.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 44.5"||746.82 mi||East||3° 06' 53.9"||214.16 mi||North||772.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Marta||Fri 5:44 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||SSW|
|Barranquilla||Fri 5:44 PM||249 km||155 miles||134 nm||SSW|
|Cartagena||Fri 5:44 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||SW|
|Maracaibo||Fri 6:14 PM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||SE|
|Oranjestad||Fri 6:44 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||E|
|Montería||Fri 5:44 PM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||SSW|
|Willemstad||Fri 6:44 PM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||E|
|Cúcuta||Fri 5:44 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||SSE|
|Barquisimeto||Fri 6:14 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||ESE|
|Port-au-Prince||Fri 5:44 PM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.