Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 10:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 22:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.19 meters/second, 1577.5 km/hour, 980.2 miles/hour or 851.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.4"||980.02 mi||West||0° 08' 33.8"||9.81 mi||North||979.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 47.8"||746.81 mi||East||3° 06' 36.9"||213.84 mi||North||771.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barranquilla||Fri 5:54 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SE|
|Cartagena||Fri 5:54 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||SSE|
|Montería||Fri 5:54 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||S|
|Kingston||Fri 5:54 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||N|
|May Pen||Fri 5:54 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||NNW|
|Maracaibo||Fri 6:24 PM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||ESE|
|Colón||Fri 5:54 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||SW|
|Panama||Fri 5:54 PM||574 km||356 miles||310 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Fri 5:54 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||NNW|
|Oranjestad||Fri 6:54 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.