Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 22:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 22:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.19 meters/second, 1577.5 km/hour, 980.2 miles/hour or 851.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.34 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.4"||980.01 mi||west||0° 08' 33.8"||9.81 mi||north||979.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 48.0"||746.81 mi||east||3° 06' 35.1"||213.80 mi||north||771.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barranquilla||Fri 5:54 PM||290 km||180 miles||156 nm||SE|
|Cartagena||Fri 5:54 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||SSE|
|Montería||Fri 5:54 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||S|
|Kingston||Fri 5:54 PM||553 km||343 miles||298 nm||N|
|May Pen||Fri 5:54 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||N|
|Panama||Fri 5:54 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||SW|
|Maracaibo||Fri 6:24 PM||585 km||364 miles||316 nm||ESE|
|Montego Bay||Fri 5:54 PM||624 km||387 miles||337 nm||NNW|
|Oranjestad||Fri 6:54 PM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||E|
|Medellin||Fri 5:54 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.