Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 22:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:45 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 22:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.19 meters/second, 1577.5 km/hour, 980.2 miles/hour or 851.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.34 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.4"||980.02 mi||west||0° 08' 33.8"||9.81 mi||north||979.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 47.8"||746.81 mi||east||3° 06' 36.9"||213.84 mi||north||771.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barranquilla||Fri 5:54 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SE|
|Cartagena||Fri 5:54 PM||297 km||184 miles||160 nm||SSE|
|Montería||Fri 5:54 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||S|
|Kingston||Fri 5:54 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||N|
|Maracaibo||Fri 6:24 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||ESE|
|May Pen||Fri 5:54 PM||561 km||348 miles||303 nm||NNW|
|Panama||Fri 5:54 PM||574 km||356 miles||310 nm||SW|
|Montego Bay||Fri 5:54 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||NNW|
|Oranjestad||Fri 6:54 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||E|
|Port-au-Prince||Fri 5:54 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.