Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 18, 2013 at 23:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.93 meters/second, 1576.5 km/hour, 979.6 miles/hour or 851.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.8"||979.42 mi||West||0° 08' 29.9"||9.74 mi||North||979.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 08.3"||746.75 mi||East||3° 04' 52.0"||211.84 mi||North||771.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Escuintla||Fri 5:56 PM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:56 PM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||NNE|
|Quetzaltenango||Fri 5:56 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||NNW|
|Santa Ana||Fri 5:56 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:56 PM||228 km||141 miles||123 nm||ENE|
|San Vicente||Fri 5:56 PM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||ENE|
|San Miguel||Fri 5:56 PM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||E|
|Punta Gorda||Fri 5:56 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||NE|
|San Pedro Sula||Fri 5:56 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||NE|
|Choloma||Fri 5:56 PM||445 km||277 miles||240 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.