Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 00:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 00:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.89 meters/second, 1576.4 km/hour, 979.5 miles/hour or 851.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.7"||979.40 mi||west||0° 08' 29.3"||9.73 mi||north||979.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 11.3"||746.79 mi||east||3° 04' 36.6"||211.55 mi||north||771.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Escuintla||Fri 6:04 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Fri 6:04 PM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||ENE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Fri 6:04 PM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Fri 6:04 PM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Fri 6:04 PM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||E|
|Oaxaca||Fri 6:04 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||NW|
|San Miguel||Fri 6:04 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||E|
|Punta Gorda||Fri 6:04 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||ENE|
|Choloma||Fri 6:04 PM||649 km||404 miles||351 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Fri 6:04 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.