Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 00:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.88 meters/second, 1576.4 km/hour, 979.5 miles/hour or 851.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.7"||979.32 mi||West||0° 08' 29.2"||9.72 mi||North||979.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 11.7"||746.74 mi||East||3° 04' 35.1"||211.51 mi||North||771.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Escuintla||Fri 6:06 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Fri 6:06 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||ENE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Fri 6:06 PM||400 km||248 miles||216 nm||N|
|Santa María Huatulco||Fri 6:06 PM||411 km||256 miles||222 nm||NW|
|Santa Ana||Fri 6:06 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Fri 6:06 PM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||E|
|Oaxaca||Fri 6:06 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||NW|
|San Miguel||Fri 6:06 PM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||E|
|Punta Gorda||Fri 6:06 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||ENE|
|San Pedro Sula||Fri 6:06 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.