Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.75 meters/second, 1575.9 km/hour, 979.2 miles/hour or 850.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.5"||979.03 mi||West||0° 08' 27.2"||9.69 mi||North||978.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 21.9"||746.72 mi||East||3° 03' 44.1"||210.54 mi||North||770.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Fri 6:36 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NNE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Fri 6:36 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||ENE|
|Oaxaca||Fri 6:36 PM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Cuernavaca||Fri 6:36 PM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||NNE|
|Puebla||Fri 6:36 PM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Fri 6:36 PM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||NNE|
|Veracruz||Fri 6:36 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 6:36 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||NNW|
|Leon||Fri 6:36 PM||875 km||544 miles||473 nm||N|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Fri 6:36 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.