Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 00:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.72 meters/second, 1575.8 km/hour, 979.2 miles/hour or 850.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.5"||978.96 mi||West||0° 08' 26.6"||9.68 mi||North||978.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 24.6"||746.71 mi||East||3° 03' 30.4"||210.28 mi||North||770.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Fri 6:44 PM||510 km||317 miles||276 nm||NE|
|Colima||Fri 6:44 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||N|
|Santa María Huatulco||Fri 6:44 PM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||ENE|
|Oaxaca||Fri 6:44 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Fri 6:44 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||NNE|
|Ecatepec||Fri 6:44 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||NNE|
|Puebla||Fri 6:44 PM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 6:44 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||N|
|Puerto Vallarta||Fri 6:44 PM||851 km||529 miles||460 nm||NNW|
|Leon||Fri 6:44 PM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.