Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.71 meters/second, 1575.8 km/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.5"||978.94 mi||West||0° 08' 26.6"||9.67 mi||North||978.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 25.3"||746.71 mi||East||3° 03' 27.0"||210.21 mi||North||770.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Fri 6:46 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NE|
|Colima||Fri 6:46 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||N|
|Santa María Huatulco||Fri 6:46 PM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Fri 6:46 PM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Fri 6:46 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||N|
|Oaxaca||Fri 6:46 PM||825 km||513 miles||446 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Fri 6:46 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||NNW|
|Puebla||Fri 6:46 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||NE|
|Leon||Fri 6:46 PM||886 km||551 miles||479 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Fri 6:46 PM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.