Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 2:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 02:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.28 meters/second, 1574.2 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.3"||977.97 mi||West||0° 08' 19.8"||9.55 mi||North||977.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 00.4"||746.64 mi||East||3° 00' 35.5"||206.94 mi||North||769.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Fri 6:26 PM||2364 km||1469 miles||1276 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Fri 6:26 PM||2376 km||1477 miles||1283 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 7:26 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||NE|
|Mexicali||Fri 6:26 PM||2452 km||1523 miles||1324 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 6:26 PM||2463 km||1530 miles||1330 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 7:26 PM||2476 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Fri 7:26 PM||2710 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Fri 6:26 PM||2737 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Fri 6:26 PM||2797 km||1738 miles||1510 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Fri 8:26 PM||3103 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.