Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.98 meters/second, 1573.1 km/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.6"||977.29 mi||West||0° 08' 15.3"||9.46 mi||North||977.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 25.7"||746.61 mi||East||2° 58' 34.6"||204.63 mi||North||769.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 5:36 PM||1647 km||1023 miles||889 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:36 PM||1921 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Fri 7:36 PM||3453 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 7:36 PM||3482 km||2163 miles||1880 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Fri 5:36 PM||3495 km||2172 miles||1887 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 4:36 PM||3758 km||2335 miles||2029 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:36 PM||3823 km||2376 miles||2064 nm||WSW|
|Las Vegas||Fri 7:36 PM||3844 km||2389 miles||2076 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 8:36 PM||3858 km||2397 miles||2083 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:36 PM||3895 km||2420 miles||2103 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.