Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.72 meters/second, 1572.2 km/hour, 976.9 miles/hour or 848.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.0"||976.70 mi||West||0° 08' 11.2"||9.38 mi||North||976.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 47.9"||746.58 mi||East||2° 56' 50.2"||202.64 mi||North||768.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 6:36 PM||841 km||522 miles||454 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:36 PM||1334 km||829 miles||720 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:36 PM||2438 km||1515 miles||1317 nm||SW|
|Midway||Fri 5:36 PM||2476 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:36 PM||2891 km||1797 miles||1561 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 4:36 PM||3315 km||2060 miles||1790 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 6:36 PM||3362 km||2089 miles||1815 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:36 PM||3366 km||2091 miles||1817 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:36 PM||3444 km||2140 miles||1859 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Fri 6:36 PM||3620 km||2250 miles||1955 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.