Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 04:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 04:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.68 meters/second, 1572.0 km/hour, 976.8 miles/hour or 848.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.28 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.9"||976.62 mi||west||0° 08' 10.7"||9.37 mi||north||976.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 50.9"||746.58 mi||east||2° 56' 36.1"||202.38 mi||north||768.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 6:44 PM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:44 PM||1383 km||859 miles||747 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:44 PM||2275 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||SW|
|Midway||Fri 5:44 PM||2325 km||1445 miles||1255 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:44 PM||2802 km||1741 miles||1513 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 4:44 PM||3127 km||1943 miles||1689 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:44 PM||3173 km||1972 miles||1713 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 6:44 PM||3281 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:44 PM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 4:44 PM||3499 km||2174 miles||1889 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.