Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 04:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 04:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.68 meters/second, 1572.0 km/hour, 976.8 miles/hour or 848.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.28 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.9"||976.68 mi||west||0° 08' 10.5"||9.37 mi||north||976.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 06' 51.3"||746.63 mi||east||2° 56' 34.1"||202.35 mi||north||768.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 6:44 PM||905 km||562 miles||489 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:44 PM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:44 PM||2253 km||1400 miles||1217 nm||SW|
|Midway||Fri 5:44 PM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:44 PM||2790 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 4:44 PM||3098 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:44 PM||3146 km||1955 miles||1699 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 6:44 PM||3270 km||2032 miles||1766 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:44 PM||3278 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 4:44 PM||3470 km||2156 miles||1874 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.