Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 5:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 05:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.46 meters/second, 1571.3 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.3"||976.14 mi||West||0° 08' 07.2"||9.30 mi||North||975.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 09.8"||746.57 mi||East||2° 55' 08.7"||200.71 mi||North||768.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 5:34 PM||1564 km||972 miles||845 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 6:34 PM||1640 km||1019 miles||886 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:34 PM||1813 km||1127 miles||979 nm||ENE|
|Majuro||Sat 5:34 PM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:34 PM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:34 PM||2192 km||1362 miles||1184 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sat 5:34 PM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:34 PM||2586 km||1607 miles||1396 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:34 PM||2624 km||1631 miles||1417 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 5:34 PM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.