Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 05:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.45 meters/second, 1571.2 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.27 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.3"||976.12 mi||west||0° 08' 07.1"||9.30 mi||north||975.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 10.7"||746.57 mi||east||2° 55' 05.0"||200.64 mi||north||768.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 5:36 PM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 6:36 PM||1627 km||1011 miles||879 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Sat 5:36 PM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:36 PM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:36 PM||2022 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 5:36 PM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:36 PM||2235 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:36 PM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:36 PM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 5:36 PM||2678 km||1664 miles||1446 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.