Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 5:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 05:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.38 meters/second, 1571.0 km/hour, 976.1 miles/hour or 848.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.1"||975.94 mi||West||0° 08' 05.8"||9.28 mi||North||975.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 17.6"||746.57 mi||East||2° 54' 33.5"||200.03 mi||North||768.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sat 5:54 PM||1391 km||865 miles||751 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:54 PM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 6:54 PM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:54 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Sat 5:54 PM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:54 PM||2281 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Sat 5:54 PM||2314 km||1438 miles||1249 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:54 PM||2508 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:54 PM||2637 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:54 PM||2688 km||1670 miles||1452 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.