Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.23 meters/second, 1570.4 km/hour, 975.8 miles/hour or 848.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.26 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.6"||975.61 mi||west||0° 08' 03.6"||9.24 mi||north||975.37 mi|
|24 hours||348° 52' 29.6"||746.56 mi||west||2° 53' 35.2"||198.92 mi||north||767.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sat 6:26 PM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:26 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:26 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sat 6:26 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 7:26 PM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Fri 6:26 PM||1858 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Sat 5:26 PM||1903 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:26 PM||2562 km||1592 miles||1384 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sat 5:26 PM||3025 km||1880 miles||1634 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:26 PM||3061 km||1902 miles||1653 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.