Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 6:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.24 meters/second, 1570.4 km/hour, 975.8 miles/hour or 848.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.6"||975.63 mi||West||0° 08' 03.6"||9.24 mi||North||975.38 mi|
|24 hours||348° 52' 30.1"||746.56 mi||West||2° 53' 37.2"||198.96 mi||North||767.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Sat 6:26 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Sat 6:26 PM||997 km||620 miles||539 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:26 PM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 7:26 PM||1790 km||1113 miles||967 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Sat 6:26 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 6:26 PM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Sat 5:26 PM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:26 PM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sat 5:26 PM||3041 km||1889 miles||1642 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:26 PM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.