Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 7:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 07:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.93 meters/second, 1569.3 km/hour, 975.1 miles/hour or 847.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.8"||974.94 mi||West||0° 07' 58.8"||9.15 mi||North||974.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 57.2"||746.56 mi||East||2° 51' 33.2"||196.60 mi||North||767.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Sat 6:36 PM||812 km||505 miles||438 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Sat 7:36 PM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 5:36 PM||1359 km||845 miles||734 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 7:36 PM||1729 km||1074 miles||933 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sat 7:36 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sat 7:36 PM||2233 km||1387 miles||1206 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Sat 4:36 PM||2587 km||1607 miles||1397 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sat 4:36 PM||2605 km||1619 miles||1407 nm||SW|
|Honiara||Sat 6:36 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Sat 5:36 PM||2846 km||1768 miles||1536 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.