Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.68 meters/second, 1568.4 km/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.0"||974.37 mi||West||0° 07' 54.8"||9.07 mi||North||974.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 20.5"||746.57 mi||East||2° 49' 50.0"||194.63 mi||North||766.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sat 6:34 PM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||ESE|
|Saipan||Sat 6:34 PM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||ENE|
|Colonia||Sat 6:34 PM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Sat 5:34 PM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 7:34 PM||1825 km||1134 miles||986 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sat 5:34 PM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Sat 5:34 PM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 5:34 PM||2368 km||1471 miles||1279 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sat 5:34 PM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 5:34 PM||2392 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.