Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 8:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 08:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.67 meters/second, 1568.4 km/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.0"||974.35 mi||West||0° 07' 54.7"||9.07 mi||North||974.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 21.3"||746.57 mi||East||2° 49' 46.5"||194.56 mi||North||766.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sat 6:36 PM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||ESE|
|Saipan||Sat 6:36 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Sat 5:36 PM||1168 km||726 miles||631 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 7:36 PM||1873 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sat 5:36 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Sat 5:36 PM||1937 km||1203 miles||1046 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Sat 4:36 PM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||W|
|Yokohama||Sat 5:36 PM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||N|
|Osaka||Sat 5:36 PM||2367 km||1470 miles||1278 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Sat 5:36 PM||2379 km||1478 miles||1284 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.