Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.84 meters/second, 1565.4 km/hour, 972.7 miles/hour or 845.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.4"||972.50 mi||West||0° 07' 41.4"||8.81 mi||North||972.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 38.7"||746.63 mi||East||2° 44' 08.0"||188.10 mi||North||765.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dawei||Sat 6:14 PM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||SE|
|Mawlamyine||Sat 6:14 PM||197 km||123 miles||107 nm||NNE|
|Yangon||Sat 6:14 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||NNW|
|Nakhon Sawan||Sat 6:44 PM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||ENE|
|Bangkok||Sat 6:44 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||ESE|
|Pattaya||Sat 6:44 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||ESE|
|Chiang Mai||Sat 6:44 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||NNE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sat 6:44 PM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||E|
|Naypyidaw||Sat 6:14 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||NNW|
|Port Blair||Sat 5:14 PM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.