Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.83 meters/second, 1565.4 km/hour, 972.7 miles/hour or 845.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.4"||972.48 mi||West||0° 07' 41.4"||8.81 mi||North||972.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 39.5"||746.63 mi||East||2° 44' 04.4"||188.03 mi||North||765.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dawei||Sat 6:16 PM||175 km||109 miles||94 nm||ESE|
|Mawlamyine||Sat 6:16 PM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||NNE|
|Yangon||Sat 6:16 PM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||NNW|
|Nakhon Sawan||Sat 6:46 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||ENE|
|Bangkok||Sat 6:46 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||ESE|
|Pattaya||Sat 6:46 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||ESE|
|Chiang Mai||Sat 6:46 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NNE|
|Naypyidaw||Sat 6:16 PM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||N|
|Port Blair||Sat 5:16 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||SW|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sat 6:46 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.