Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.80 meters/second, 1565.3 km/hour, 972.6 miles/hour or 845.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.3"||972.40 mi||West||0° 07' 40.8"||8.80 mi||North||972.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 42.9"||746.63 mi||East||2° 43' 49.8"||187.75 mi||North||765.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yangon||Sat 6:24 PM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||NNE|
|Mawlamyine||Sat 6:24 PM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||ENE|
|Dawei||Sat 6:24 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||ESE|
|Port Blair||Sat 5:24 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||SW|
|Naypyidaw||Sat 6:24 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||NNE|
|Nakhon Sawan||Sat 6:54 PM||583 km||363 miles||315 nm||E|
|Bangkok||Sat 6:54 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||E|
|Chiang Mai||Sat 6:54 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||NE|
|Nakhon Ratchasima||Sat 6:54 PM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||E|
|Mandalay||Sat 6:24 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.