Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.70 meters/second, 1564.9 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.9"||972.18 mi||West||0° 07' 39.2"||8.77 mi||North||971.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 52.3"||746.65 mi||East||2° 43' 09.8"||186.99 mi||North||764.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Sat 5:46 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SE|
|Bhubaneshwar||Sat 5:46 PM||714 km||444 miles||385 nm||NNW|
|Visakhapatnam||Sat 5:46 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||WNW|
|Yangon||Sat 6:46 PM||751 km||466 miles||405 nm||ENE|
|Kolkata||Sat 5:46 PM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||N|
|Chittagong||Sat 6:16 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||NNE|
|Khulna||Sat 6:16 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||N|
|Naypyidaw||Sat 6:46 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||NE|
|Durgapur||Sat 5:46 PM||986 km||613 miles||532 nm||NNW|
|Dhaka||Sat 6:16 PM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.