Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.66 meters/second, 1564.8 km/hour, 972.3 miles/hour or 844.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.8"||972.08 mi||West||0° 07' 38.5"||8.76 mi||North||971.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 56.5"||746.65 mi||East||2° 42' 51.5"||186.64 mi||North||764.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Visakhapatnam||Sat 5:56 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||NW|
|Kakinada||Sat 5:56 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||WNW|
|Bhubaneshwar||Sat 5:56 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NNW|
|Chennai||Sat 5:56 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||WSW|
|Kolkata||Sat 5:56 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||N|
|Khulna||Sat 6:26 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||NNE|
|Hyderabad||Sat 5:56 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||WNW|
|Durgapur||Sat 5:56 PM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||N|
|Chittagong||Sat 6:26 PM||971 km||604 miles||524 nm||NNE|
|Kalmunai||Sat 5:56 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.