Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.53 meters/second, 1564.3 km/hour, 972.0 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.3"||971.79 mi||West||0° 07' 36.3"||8.72 mi||North||971.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 09.3"||746.67 mi||East||2° 41' 56.8"||185.60 mi||North||764.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nellore||Sat 6:26 PM||56 km||35 miles||30 nm||SSE|
|Tirumala||Sat 6:26 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||SSW|
|Srisailam||Sat 6:26 PM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||NW|
|Guntur||Sat 6:26 PM||170 km||106 miles||92 nm||NNE|
|Tiruvallur||Sat 6:26 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||S|
|Vijayawada||Sat 6:26 PM||199 km||124 miles||108 nm||NNE|
|Chittoor||Sat 6:26 PM||201 km||125 miles||108 nm||SSW|
|Chennai||Sat 6:26 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||SSE|
|Kurnool||Sat 6:26 PM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||WNW|
|Urapakkam||Sat 6:26 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.