Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.30 meters/second, 1559.9 kilometres/hour, 969.3 miles/hour or 842.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.0"||969.04 mi||West||0° 07' 16.1"||8.33 mi||North||968.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 12.8"||746.91 mi||East||2° 33' 18.8"||175.71 mi||North||762.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Zinder||Sat 6:36 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||WSW|
|Maiduguri||Sat 6:36 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||SSE|
|Agadez||Sat 6:36 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||WNW|
|Ndjamena||Sat 6:36 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||SE|
|Moussoro||Sat 6:36 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||ESE|
|Kano||Sat 6:36 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||SW|
|Maradi||Sat 6:36 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||WSW|
|Maroua||Sat 6:36 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SSE|
|Arlit||Sat 6:36 PM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NW|
|Zaria||Sat 6:36 PM||670 km||417 miles||362 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.