Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.08 meters/second, 1559.1 km/hour, 968.8 miles/hour or 841.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||north||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.2"||968.60 mi||west||0° 07' 12.3"||8.26 mi||north||968.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 36.1"||747.02 mi||east||2° 31' 42.9"||173.89 mi||north||762.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Niamey||Sat 7:26 PM||360 km||224 miles||195 nm||SE|
|Ouagadougou||Sat 6:26 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Sat 6:26 PM||423 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSW|
|Mango||Sat 6:26 PM||588 km||365 miles||318 nm||S|
|Kandi||Sat 7:26 PM||616 km||383 miles||332 nm||SE|
|Natitingou||Sat 7:26 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sat 6:26 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||SW|
|Koutiala||Sat 6:26 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||WSW|
|Sokoto||Sat 7:26 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||ESE|
|Tamale||Sat 6:26 PM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.