Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.04 meters/second, 1558.9 kilometres/hour, 968.7 miles/hour or 841.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.9"||968.45 mi||West||0° 07' 11.7"||8.25 mi||North||968.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 40.2"||746.97 mi||East||2° 31' 26.2"||173.56 mi||North||762.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sat 6:36 PM||136 km||84 miles||73 nm||NNW|
|Ouahigouya||Sat 6:36 PM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||S|
|Dori||Sat 6:36 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||ESE|
|Koudougou||Sat 6:36 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Sat 6:36 PM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Sat 6:36 PM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Sat 6:36 PM||506 km||315 miles||273 nm||SE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sat 6:36 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||SSW|
|Niamey||Sat 7:36 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||ESE|
|Sikasso||Sat 6:36 PM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.