Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 18:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 18:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.99 meters/second, 1558.8 km/hour, 968.6 miles/hour or 841.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.14 mi||west||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||north||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.8"||968.41 mi||west||0° 07' 10.9"||8.23 mi||north||968.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 45.2"||747.04 mi||east||2° 31' 05.3"||173.18 mi||north||762.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Koutiala||Sat 6:46 PM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||S|
|Bamako||Sat 6:46 PM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||SW|
|Sikasso||Sat 6:46 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Sat 6:46 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||SE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sat 6:46 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Sat 6:46 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||SE|
|Niamey||Sat 7:46 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||ESE|
|Tamale||Sat 6:46 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SE|
|Mango||Sat 6:46 PM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||SE|
|Bouaké||Sat 6:46 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.