Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 10:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 22:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.96 meters/second, 1555.1 kilometres/hour, 966.3 miles/hour or 839.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.7"||966.04 mi||West||0° 06' 53.2"||7.89 mi||North||965.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 35.4"||747.30 mi||East||2° 23' 35.0"||164.57 mi||North||760.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brades||Sat 6:44 PM||92 km||57 miles||50 nm||NE|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 6:44 PM||104 km||64 miles||56 nm||E|
|Charlestown||Sat 6:44 PM||115 km||72 miles||62 nm||N|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 6:44 PM||125 km||78 miles||67 nm||E|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 6:44 PM||133 km||82 miles||72 nm||N|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 6:44 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||NE|
|Oranjestad (St. Eust.)||Sat 6:44 PM||157 km||97 miles||85 nm||N|
|Roseau||Sat 6:44 PM||166 km||103 miles||89 nm||ESE|
|The Bottom||Sat 6:44 PM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||NNW|
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sat 6:44 PM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.