Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 11:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.71 meters/second, 1554.1 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.6"||965.46 mi||West||0° 06' 48.5"||7.81 mi||North||965.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 03.9"||747.40 mi||East||2° 21' 39.6"||162.36 mi||North||760.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|May Pen||Sat 6:44 PM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||N|
|Kingston||Sat 6:44 PM||203 km||126 miles||109 nm||NNE|
|Montego Bay||Sat 6:44 PM||260 km||162 miles||140 nm||NNW|
|Santiago de Cuba||Sat 6:44 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||NNE|
|Holguín||Sat 6:44 PM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||N|
|George Town (Cayman)||Sat 6:44 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||NW|
|Camagüey||Sat 6:44 PM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||N|
|Port-au-Prince||Sat 6:44 PM||580 km||361 miles||313 nm||ENE|
|Gonaïves||Sat 6:44 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NE|
|Barranquilla||Sat 6:44 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.