Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 23:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 23:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.70 meters/second, 1554.1 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.10 mi||west||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||north||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.6"||965.51 mi||west||0° 06' 48.5"||7.80 mi||north||965.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 04.3"||747.45 mi||east||2° 21' 37.4"||162.33 mi||north||760.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|May Pen||Sat 6:44 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||N|
|Kingston||Sat 6:44 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NNE|
|Montego Bay||Sat 6:44 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||N|
|Santiago de Cuba||Sat 6:44 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||NNE|
|Holguín||Sat 6:44 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||NNE|
|George Town (Cayman)||Sat 6:44 PM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||NW|
|Camagüey||Sat 6:44 PM||574 km||356 miles||310 nm||N|
|Port-au-Prince||Sat 6:44 PM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||ENE|
|Gonaïves||Sat 6:44 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||NE|
|Barranquilla||Sat 6:44 PM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.