Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 1:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 01:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.23 meters/second, 1552.4 kilometres/hour, 964.6 miles/hour or 838.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 03.7"||964.38 mi||West||0° 06' 40.0"||7.64 mi||North||964.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 57.4"||747.58 mi||East||2° 18' 02.6"||158.22 mi||North||759.62 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colima||Sat 7:36 PM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Sat 7:36 PM||472 km||294 miles||255 nm||N|
|Acapulco||Sat 7:36 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||E|
|Guadalajara||Sat 7:36 PM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||NNE|
|Tepic||Sat 6:36 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||N|
|Leon||Sat 7:36 PM||592 km||368 miles||319 nm||NNE|
|Cuernavaca||Sat 7:36 PM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||ENE|
|Querétaro||Sat 7:36 PM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 7:36 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Sat 7:36 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.