Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 1:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 01:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.19 meters/second, 1552.3 km/hour, 964.5 miles/hour or 838.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 03.4"||964.28 mi||West||0° 06' 39.2"||7.63 mi||North||964.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 02.2"||747.60 mi||East||2° 17' 43.1"||157.85 mi||North||759.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colima||Sat 7:46 PM||449 km||279 miles||242 nm||NE|
|Puerto Vallarta||Sat 7:46 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 7:46 PM||592 km||368 miles||319 nm||NE|
|Tepic||Sat 6:46 PM||595 km||369 miles||321 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Sat 7:46 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||E|
|Leon||Sat 7:46 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Sat 6:46 PM||751 km||467 miles||406 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 7:46 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||NE|
|Durango||Sat 7:46 PM||868 km||539 miles||468 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Sat 7:46 PM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.