Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 2:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 02:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.97 meters/second, 1551.5 km/hour, 964.1 miles/hour or 837.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.6"||963.81 mi||West||0° 06' 35.5"||7.55 mi||North||963.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 26.2"||747.68 mi||East||2° 16' 05.7"||155.99 mi||North||759.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Sat 7:36 PM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Sat 7:36 PM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Sat 8:36 PM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana||Sat 6:36 PM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||N|
|San Diego||Sat 6:36 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||973 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Sat 6:36 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Sat 8:36 PM||1840 km||1144 miles||994 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Sat 8:36 PM||1882 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Sat 6:36 PM||1942 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||N|
|San Luis Potosi||Sat 8:36 PM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.