Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.45 meters/second, 1549.6 km/hour, 962.9 miles/hour or 836.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 00.1"||962.63 mi||West||0° 06' 25.8"||7.37 mi||North||962.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 26.3"||747.91 mi||East||2° 12' 02.2"||151.34 mi||North||758.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 6:40 PM||1066 km||662 miles||575 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:40 PM||1887 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sat 5:40 PM||3179 km||1975 miles||1716 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Sat 8:40 PM||3484 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:40 PM||3533 km||2196 miles||1908 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles||Sat 8:40 PM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:40 PM||3792 km||2356 miles||2048 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:40 PM||3794 km||2357 miles||2048 nm||S|
|Las Vegas||Sat 8:40 PM||3962 km||2462 miles||2139 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Sat 9:40 PM||4105 km||2551 miles||2216 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.