Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 05:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.21 meters/second, 1548.8 km/hour, 962.4 miles/hour or 836.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||north||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.2"||962.10 mi||west||0° 06' 21.4"||7.29 mi||north||961.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 53.6"||748.02 mi||east||2° 10' 11.6"||149.23 mi||north||758.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sat 7:36 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 7:36 PM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sat 6:36 PM||1977 km||1228 miles||1068 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Sat 5:36 PM||2398 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sun 5:36 PM||3055 km||1898 miles||1649 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 6:36 PM||3056 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 5:36 PM||3181 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 5:36 PM||3273 km||2034 miles||1767 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 5:36 PM||3454 km||2146 miles||1865 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sun 7:36 PM||3545 km||2202 miles||1914 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.