Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 6:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 06:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.01 meters/second, 1548.0 km/hour, 961.9 miles/hour or 835.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 58.1"||961.64 mi||West||0° 06' 17.5"||7.21 mi||North||961.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 18.0"||748.12 mi||East||2° 08' 32.3"||147.34 mi||North||758.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sat 7:26 PM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Sat 8:26 PM||1826 km||1135 miles||986 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Sat 6:26 PM||1864 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sun 6:26 PM||1886 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 6:26 PM||2000 km||1242 miles||1080 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:26 PM||2190 km||1361 miles||1182 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:26 PM||2522 km||1567 miles||1362 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sun 6:26 PM||2802 km||1741 miles||1513 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 6:26 PM||2897 km||1800 miles||1564 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:26 PM||2934 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.